The Share of Zavarovalnica Triglav
Since 5 December 2011, the shares of Zavarovalnica Triglav have been listed on the Ljubljana Stock Exchange Prime Market; thereby the Company is committed to the highest standards of business and reporting in both the domestic and international markets.
Key figures for the share of Zavarovalncia Triglav
31 December 2015
31 December 2014
31 December 2013
|No. of shares|
|Book value per share* (in EUR)|
|Net earnings per share** (in EUR)|
|Dividend per share (in EUR) − for the previous business year|
to be defined
|Share market value (in EUR) − closing price|
|Market capitalisation (in EUR) − closing price|
Ljubljana Stock Exchange - LJSE
|Credit rating||■ Standard & Poor’s; »A−«, positive medium term outlook||■ Standard & Poor’s; »A−«, stable medium term outlook||■ Standard & Poor’s; »A−«, stable medium term outlook|
|■ A.M. Best; »A−«, positive medium term outlook||■ A.M. Best; »A−«, positive medium term outlook||■ A.M. Best; »A−«, stable medium term outlook|
*In calculating the book value per share, the equity of Zavarovalnica Triglav and the number of shares as at the reporting date were taken into account.
**In calculating net earnings/loss per share, net profit or loss of Zavarovalnica Triglav and the weighted average number of shares were taken into account.
In acquiring shares, the existing and potential shareholders of Zavarovalnica Triglav are required to observe the provisions of the Insurance Act. Prior authorisation of the Insurance Supervision Agency is a prerequisite for:
- the acquisition of shares of an insurance company by which a person directly or indirectly acquires or exceeds a qualifying holding (the qualifying holding is a direct or indirect holding of shares or other rights that gives the holder a 10% share of voting rights or equity interest, or that gives the holder a share of voting rights or equity interest that is smaller than 10%, but nevertheless allows the holder to significantly influence the management of the company);
- for any further acquisition of shares of the insurance company, by which the person having obtained an authorisation acquires or exceeds the 20%, 33.3% (1/3) or 50% limit of voting rights, or participation in the company’s capital, or by which the person becomes a controlling company of the insurance company;
- before any further acquisition of shares by which a qualified holder would surpass the range for which an authorisation for the acquisition of a qualifying holding had been issued;
- for the acquisition of a qualifying holding for the shareholders of the insurance company who jointly own shares by which they reach or exceed a qualifying holding in the insurance company and who intend to enter into a shareholders’ agreement.
- Moreover, the Insurance Act sets out the obligations and the requirement to obtain prior authorisations for entities that have agreed to a concerted acquisition of the shares of the insurance company or a concerted exercising of management rights attached to the shares in the case that they do not reach a qualifying holding, as well as in the case that they intend to acquire a holding by which they would jointly reach or exceed a qualifying holding.
Holders of shares that have been acquired or are possessed contrary to the Insurance Act have no voting rights. See the Insurance Act for further details.
Starting at EUR 23.60 on the first trading day, the share peaked to its highest price of EUR 30.15 on 27 May 2015. On 9 June 2015, the General Meeting of Shareholders adopted a decision regarding the payment of a dividend in the amount of EUR 2.50 with the cut-off date of two days after the General Meeting, i.e. 11 June 2015. The day after the General Meeting the share price dropped by 8% to EUR 27.00. The share price continued to fall until 22 September 2015, when it reached its lowest annual value of EUR 20.92. Following that date, the share price slightly increased and equalled EUR 23.50 as at the reporting date, which was approximately the same as at the beginning of the year. In the same period, the Slovene Blue-Chip Index SBI TOP recorded an 11% price drop compared to its starting price.
In addition to the price drop, the Ljubljana Stock Exchange experienced reduced liquidity and a lower trading volume in 2015. The situation on the Stock Exchange was reflected in the average daily trading volume of ZVTG shares of EUR 142,878, which was lower than the 2014 average (EUR 168,611).
The ZVTG share was again one of most traded shares on the Ljubljana Stock Exchange, ranking second in terms of liquidity and total market capitalisation. Almost 11% of the annual turnover in shares on the Ljubljana Stock Exchange was accounted for by the ZVTG share (7% in 2014), while its market capitalisation as at the end of the year equalled EUR 534.3 million.
Movements in the closing price (left axis) and trading volume in EUR (right axis) of the ZVTG share
Comparison of movements in the average daily price of the ZVTG share and movements in the value of the SBI TOP Index in EUR in 2015 as compared to 31 December 2014
The ZVTG share is included not only in the Slovene SBI TOP index but also in the following ten Vienna Stock Exchange indexes: CECE Mid Cap (CECE MID EUR in CECE MID USD), CECE Extended (CECExt EUR and CECxt USD), South-East Europe Traded Index (SETX EUR and SETX USD), CEESEG Financials CEESEG FIN, CEE Responsible Investment Universe CEERIUS, SETX Net Total Return SETX NTR and SETX Total Return SETX TR.
ZVTG share trading data by individual month of 2015 (in EUR)
Maximum closing price
Minimum closing price
Maximum daily trading volume
Minimum daily trading volume
Average daily trading volume